Naked chocolate mousse with hazelnut dust
Preparation time : 10 min + 3 hours setting time Servings : 4Grind the chia seeds roughly in a pestle and mortar.
- 1 heaped Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 x 400 g can coconut milk
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 2 Tbs raw cacao powder
- 3 Tbs maple syrup (or honey or rice malt syrup)
- 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder dissolved in 1 tsp warm water (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- TO GARNISH:
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted hazelnuts
- fresh raspberries (optional)
Add the chia seeds and all of the remaining ingredients to a mixing bowl, whisk until smooth and then divide between four small serving glasses or pretty cups.
Leave to set in the fridge for at least 3 hours, or until serving.
Garnish with roasted hazelnuts and fresh raspberries.
Credit: Wholesome, by Sarah Graham, published by Struik Lifestyle.
Image credits: Curtis Gallon ©Penguin Random House SA (Pty) Ltd 2017
Also, try these recipes:
Choc coffee mousse with Amarula cream
Milk-soak chocolate sheet cake
White chocolate and jasmine mousse