Here are Food24’s 10 most popular recipes of 2019
It’s always a fun exercise for me to look back on Food24’s year in recipes. We’ve published nearly 2000 new ones since January. A few of my favourites include these 40-second microwave yoghurt cheesecakes, butternut and miso parcels for the braai and Dianne Bibby's decadent chocolate and pear malva pudding with hazelnut cookie crumble, but today we’re shining a spotlight on ones that got the most clicks. So as we round off the year, take a look at the recipes you, our audience, loved the most!
1. Peppermint Crisp tart - this one always comes out at number one and it’s not surprising why!
2. Fall-of-the-bone oxtail - comfort food at its finest. Food24 readers love oxtail!
3. 10-minute pan-fried Greek chicken breasts - the easiest midweek meal you could ever ask for.
4. Sticky malva pudding - another classic SA favourite sneaks onto the list.
5. Homemade rotis - this recipe is a real winner.
6. Traditional meringue pie - as you can see, our audience loves desserts.