7 Exciting salads that will boost your braai game this weekend
With laid-back weekends comes the avid need to light a braai fire and gather the troops. Read our guide to starting your fire with the right wood!
ALSO READ: Don’t be that guy at the braai - are you one of these 6 worst characters found around the fire?
We all know that preparation is key so if you’re the person that forgets to chill your drinks or doesn’t have enough ice on hand, here are some tips to set up a bar station. Number 3 is always top of my list!
When it comes to the food, salads are often the heroes of a Summer braai - thanks to veggies being given their much deserved pride of place! So it only stands to reason that your menu should include one (or more!) to impress your guests. These salads will definitely leave their taste buds singing…
1. Beetroot salad with lentils, spinach and goat’s cheese – finished with a balsamic dressing and crushed walnuts.
2. Labneh Fatoush salad – this Middle Eastern style salad incorporates the popular rich cream cheese called labneh.
3. Fresh plum, pancetta and watercresss salad – a heavenly salty sweet combo that is a real crowd-pleaser!
4. Braaied corn, courgette and spinach salad - A delicious mix of humble ingredients, brought together with a zesty coriander dressing.
5. Spiced cauliflower salad – loaded with punchy paprika, turmeric and cayenne pepper flavours that give this dish real oomph.
6. Quinoa, chard and halloumi salad – healthy and filling with the halloumi adding a nice cheesiness.
We can't forget the sweet stuff now can we?! Click here to find 4 awesome desserts that you can make on the braai!
Click HERE more great braai recipes.
Feel like a kid again - make your own homemade popsicles this season. Summer screams ice lollies and popsicles and while Nothern Hemisphere peeps are snuggling up with their hot cocoa and hoodies, we'll be here lapping up the sun and licking frozen treats to our hearts' content.