Chicken and sweet potato salad with orange dressing
This is how you can make a yummy salad.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- Olive oil
- 2 Oranges
- 250 ml orange juice (includes juice from the oranges)
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 45 ml honey
- 30 ml oasted sesame seeds
- 45 ml canola oil
- 2 chicken breasts, halved
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- canola oil
- 100 g mixed nuts
- 10 g butter
- 30 ml sugar
- 2,5 ml salt
- 2,5 ml chilli flakes
- 100 g goat’s milk cheese, sliced
- big handful of chopped herbs such as parsley and mint
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
Arrange the sweet potato wedges on the baking sheet, season with salt and rub with the oil. Roast for about 35 minutes until soft.
2 Peel the oranges, making sure you remove the pith. Then cut the peeled oranges into segments between the membranes. Squeeze out the juice from the leftover membranes.
Add the juice from the membranes to the orange juice. Add the rest of the dressing ingredients and mix well.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Drizzle the oil over and roast in the preheated oven until just done. Flake with a fork if you prefer. Spoon dressing over.
Toast the nuts in the butter until slightly browned, add the sugar, salt and chilli flakes and fry until caramelised. Remove from the pan.
6 TO FINISH
Arrange the sweet potato wedges on a platter, put the chicken and cheese on top, sprinkle the herbs over and pour dressing over. Sprinkle nuts on top.