Ice-cube tray chocolates
Try these easy to make ice-cube tray chocolates using your chocolate of choice for Valentines day.
- 160 g dark chocolate
- 30 ml coconut oil
- 3 soft caramel chews, halved
- 30 ml roasted, salted peanuts
- 2 marshmallows, quartered
1. Grease an ice-cube tray with nonstick spray.
2. Put the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between until the chocolate has melted and is smooth.
3. Fill about a third of the ice-cube tray with melted chocolate. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes. Tilt and rotate the tray to ensure the chocolate coats all the sides.
4. Chill the tray for about 2 minutes until the chocolate has slightly thickened but still has a liquid consistency. Tilt and rotate again.
5. Divide the caramel, peanuts and marshmallows among the cubes and chill until hard.
6. Pour the remaining chocolate over the filling and freeze until hardened.
7. Unmould the chocolates by lightly twisting the ice-cube tray. Turn the tray upside down over a plate to catch the chocolates.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge