There are many juicy varieties of mango on the market, but avoid fibrous, stringy types such as Tommy Atkins.
- 2 large ripe mangoes
- 30 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice (or more to taste if the mangoes are very sweet)
- 10 ml icing sugar to taste
- 250 ml thick cream
- fresh raspberries to garnish
- wafer cigars to garnish (optional)
1. Peel and cut the man goes around the stone, reserving half a mango. Chop and put the rest in a blender with the lemon juice and blitz until smooth. Add the sugar then the cream and blend for 1 minute.Then pour into a serving dish or individual glasses.
2. Dice the reserved mango and arrange on the mango cream. Top with raspberries and chill for an hour.
3. Serve with wafer cigars (if using).