Jamaican pork chops
Preparation time : 15 min Cooking time : 10 min Servings : 4Chops:
- 5 ml ground allspice
- 3 ml ground cinnamon
- 1 ml dried thyme
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1-2 red chillies, seeded and chopped
- 10 ml brown sugar
- 15-25 ml sunflower oil
- 4-6 pork chops, defrosted
- 1 lemon or lime
- 2 freshly cooked corn on the cob
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and cubed or sliced
- 1 red pepper, halved, seeded and sliced
- 1 lettuce pack
- salad dressing of your choice, to serve
Blend the spices, thyme, onions, chillies, sugar and oil together in a food processor. Add enough sunflower oil to form a paste. Spread over the chops and leave to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes or longer if possible.
Squeeze the juice of the lemon over the chops, then cook on a griddle pan or on the braai for a few minutes on each side until cooked through.
Cut the corn off the cob and mix together with the remaining salad ingredients. Serve with the chops and the salad dressing.