Red curry chicken rice cakes
- 4 chicken breast fillets, cubed
- 20 to 30ml red curry paste
- 1 to 2 red chillies, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 30 ml fresh coriander
- 250 ml cooked basmati rice
- olive oil, for brushing
- stir-fried vegetables and sweet-and-sour sauce, to serve
Place the chicken, curry paste, chilli (if using), coriander and half the rice into a food processor. Add salt to taste and a pinch of sugar and process until just blended. Stir in the remaining rice and shape into 8 cakes.
Place the cakes onto a lined baking sheet and brush with a little olive oil. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes, turning the cakes halfway through the baking time. Serve with stir-fried vegetables and sweet-and-sour sauce.
Text and image: Ideas
To receive quick and convenient weekday recipes, join our Easy Weekday Meals mailing list, and for up-to-date trending food, restaurant and wine news subscribe to our Editor’s Weekly newsletter.