Spicy mince lettuce cups
- 30 ml olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 stalks lemongrass, very finely chopped
- 1 knob fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 red chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 200 g pork or chicken mince
- 30 ml fish sauce
- 15 ml tamarind paste
- 10 ml palm sugar (or brown sugar0
- 125 ml peanuts, chopped
- handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- small crispy lettuce leaves as cups; choose baby cos or gem lettuce
Heat the oil in a hot pan and fry the garlic, spring onions, lemongrass, ginger and chilli together until aromatic. Remove from the pan and fry the mince until crumbly, breaking up the meat with a spatula as you stir-fry. Add the cooked garlic mixture and the rest of the seasoning, and stir-fry until the meat is browned and caramelised.
To Serve: Sprinkle with peanuts and coriander and provide crispy lettuce leaves as cups. Drizzle lime juice over each bite before eating.
To receive quick and convenient weekday recipes, join our Easy Weekday Meals mailing list, and for up-to-date trending food, restaurant and wine news subscribe to our Editor’s Weekly newsletter.