2-step chicken satay
Preparation time : 10 min Cooking time : 20 min Servings : 4Heat a wok or frying pan on high heat, then add the oil followed by the chicken, curry paste and spring onions. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until the chicken strips are golden brown. Then add the mangetouts and mealies, along with the peanut butter, soy and fish sauce, and sugar, and stir-fry for another minute.
- 15 ml oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 5 ml red curry paste
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 100 g mangetout, julienned
- 100 g baby mealies, sliced in half lengthwise
- 30 ml crunchy peanut butter
- 30 ml soy sauce
- 5 ml fish sauce
- 5 ml brown sugar
- 1 tin coconut milk
- fresh coriander and cooked rice
Stir in the coconut milk and cook until reduced by a third. Serve with steamed rice and fresh coriander.