Asian-inspired beef ramen
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 15 ml ginger, freshly grated
- 300 g beef mince
- 80 ml thick soy sauce
- 80 ml Hoisin sauce
- 500 ml beef stock
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 2 packs instant noodles
- 200 g wild mushrooms, chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 375 ml baby spinach
- handful basil leaves
Heat the oil in a large pan or pot; add the onions, garlic and ginger and sauté, 1 minute.
Add the beef mince and fry, 5 minutes.
Stir in the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, stock and chilies and simmer, 5 minutes.
Add the instant noodles and mushrooms and simmer, 2-3 minutes until tender.
Stir in the green peppers and spinach. Top each portion with some basil leaves.
For a vegetarian version, replace the beef mince with vegetarian mince or finely chopped cabbage and the beef stock with vegetable stock instead.