Beef and baby marrow koftas
- 1 kg lean beef mince
- 30 ml Dijon mustard
- 30 ml dried oregano
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 15 ml fresh thyme
- 10 ml toasted cumin seeds
- 125 ml gluten-free rolled oats (roughly pulsed in a blender) or oat flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 125 ml chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 125 ml chopped fresh basil
- 250 ml grated baby marrows
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 60 ml sugar-free chutney
- TO SERVE
- tzatziki and hummus or homemade tomato sauce, and flatbreads
Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly grease a baking sheet.
1. Put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix with your hands until well combined.
2. Roll into little balls or koftas and arrange them on the prepared baking sheet.
3. Bake them in the oven for 10 minutes and finish off by browning them under the grill.
4. To serve: Serve with the tzatziki, hummus or in a homemade tomato sauce, along with the flatbreads