Rice and chickpea salad
Our herby Mediterranean vinaigrette transforms this simple rice salad.
- 375-500 ml parboiled rice
- 2 cans (400g each) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 300 g Israeli cucumber, chopped
- 50 g red spring onions, chopped
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 180 g Kalamata olives
- 300 g feta cheese, cubed
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 45-60 ml chopped sun-dried tomatoes in vinaigrette
- 30 ml sun-dried tomato pesto
- 30 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 15 ml chopped fresh oregano
- 60 ml olive oil
- 15 ml white balsamic or cabernet sauvignon vinegar
- salt and pepper
1. Cook the rice according to the packet instructions. Strain and allow to cool.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and toss lightly.
3. Vinaigrette Mix all the ingredients and pour over the salad just before serving.