Veggie patties with avocado spread
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed (optional)
- 200 g mushrooms, chopped
- 150 g baby marrow, grated or spinach, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 500 g sweet potato, cooked and drained
- 30 ml psyllium husks
- 15 ml ground coriander
- 10 ml ground cumin or paprika
- salt and pepper
- coconut oil for shallow- frying
- TO PACK
- oatmeal flapjacks and avo
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the onion and garlic (if using) until soft. Add the mushrooms and fry until most of the moisture has evaporated.
2. Transfer to a bowl and leave to cool. Mix in the rest of the ingredients except the coconut oil.
3. Shape into flat cakes (like fishcakes) and chill for at least 30 minutes.
4. Heat the coconut oil and fry the cakes until golden brown all over.
To pack: Put a veggie patty between two oatmeal flapjacks. Add the container of avo spread to the lunchbox.
Roughly mash 1 ripe avocado. Add lemon juice to taste and season with salt and pepper. Spoon into a sealable container and chill.