Pimp your weekend braai with these 7 tantalising braai salads
The Western Cape is currently experiencing somewhat of a heatwave. And I'm loving it! With warm weather comes the avid need to light a braai fire and gather the troops. Read these 6 excuses to plan a Summer party if you ever needed one!
ALSO READ: Plan your end of year party like a pro - bring in one of SA's best mobile bars
We all know that preparation is key so if you’re the sort that forgets to chill your drinks or doesn’t have enough ice on hand, here are some tips to set up a bar station. Number 3 is always top of my list!
When it comes to the food, salads are nowadays often the heroes of a Summer braai (thanks to veggies being a huge trend this year), so it only stands to reason that your menu should include one (or more!) to impress your guests.
These salads will definitely leave their taste buds singing…
1. Beetroot salad with lentils, spinach and goat’s cheese – finished with a balsamic dressing and crushed walnuts.
2. Labneh Fatoush salad – this Middle Eastern style salad incorporates the popular rich cream cheese called labneh.
3. Fresh plum, pancetta and watercresss salad – a heavenly salty sweet combo that is a real crowd-pleaser!
4. Lemony roast courgette and chickpea salad – as the name suggests, a humble salad with simple, easy-to-find ingredients that just work wonders together.
5. Spiced cauliflower salad – loaded with punchy paprika, turmeric and cayenne pepper flavours that give this dish real oomph.
6. Quinoa, chard and halloumi salad – healthy and filling with the halloumi adding a nice cheesiness.
Feel like a kid again - make your own homemade popsicles this season. Summer screams ice lollies and popsicles and while Nothern Hemisphere peeps are snuggling up with their hot cocoa and hoodies, we'll be here lapping up the sun and licking frozen treats to our hearts' content.