Curried pork and pineapple kebabs
- 600 g deboned pork, cubed
- 1 pineapple, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, cut in small wedges
- 40 ml brown sugar
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- juice and rind of 1 lemon
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 10 ml curry powder
- 50 ml oil
- 250 ml cooked couscous
Heat a heavy-bottomed frying pan, season the kebabs and fry a few at a time until both sides are golden brown and cooked through. Repeat until all the kebabs are cooked. Serve with couscous, rice or salad.
TIP Try braaiing the kebabs on the coals or grill in an oven.
Text and image: Home
To receive quick and convenient weekday recipes, join our Easy Weekday Meals mailing list, and for up-to-date trending food, restaurant and wine news subscribe to our Editor’s Weekly newsletter.