Quinoa and lentil salad with nectarines
The nectarine adds a nice burst of sweetness and unusual twist. This salad makes a special lunch or beautiful side dish to a larger spread.
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- juice and zest of 6 lemons
- 250 ml apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 400 ml olive oil
- 30 ml Dijon mustard
- 125 ml honey
- 45-60 ml soy sauce
- 500 ml cooked lentils
- 500 ml cooked quinoa (1c red and 3c white)
- 250 ml fresh chopped coriander
- 250 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 6-8 nectarines
- fresh coriander
1. Vinaigrette Whisk the ingredients together and set aside.
2. Salad Cook the lentils and quinoa according to the packet instructions. Drain, season with salt and pour the vinaigrette over while hot. Add the coriander and parsley, mix and set aside to cool.
3. Spoon into salad bowls and top with sliced nectarines. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve.