Baked amasi pudding with caramel banana
Spoon the sliced banana caramel over the pudding, top with the banana halves and serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
- 60 ml butter
- 125 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml cake flour
- 10 ml baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 250 ml amasi
- CARAMEL BANANAS
- 4 bananas
- 30 ml brown sugar
- 30 ml butter
- 15 ml golden syrup
- TO SERVE
- ice cream or whipped cream
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a medium ovenproof dish with nonstick spray.
1. Pudding Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add the eggs to the mixture one at a time, whisking after each addition.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a separate bowl then gradually add to the egg mixture, alternating with the amasi.
3. Transfer the batter to the prepared dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until light brown and cooked through.
4. Caramel bananas Halve one banana lengthways and sprinkle the cut sides with half the sugar. Grease a pan with nonstick spray and put the bananas in the pan, sugar side down. Fry until caramelised, remove and set aside.
5. Slice the rest of the bananas. Heat the butter in the same pan and add the rest of the sugar and the golden syrup. Heat until the sugar has started to melt then add the sliced bananas. Fry until soft and caramel-coloured.
6. To serve: Spoon the sliced banana caramel over the pudding, top with the banana halves and serve with ice cream or whipped cream.