Chilli garlic prawns
Quick tasty dinner for a weeknight.
- 30 ml olive oil
- 80 g butter
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 long fresh red chillies, finely chopped
- 500 g frozen prawn meat
- 30 ml fresh lemon juice
- 15 ml grated lemon rind
- 65 ml chopped fresh coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- Crusty bread, sliced i.e. Ciabatta, sough dough or baguette.
Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add the garlic and chilli, cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
Add the prawns and season with salt and pepper.
Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until the prawns are just cooked through.
Brush bread slices with olive oil and chargrill on a hot pan.
Serve prawns with grilled slices of bread.