Chocolate puddings with peanut butter filling
Peanut butter and chocolate is always a winning combination, set to get hearts racing and mouths watering.
- butter to grease
- cocoa powder for dusting
- 200 g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 100 g butter
- 125 ml castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 15 ml flour
- 60 ml peanut butter
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Keep 6 ramekins or dariole moulds handy.
1. Grease the ramekins or moulds with butter and dust with cocoa powder. Shake to ensure the cocoa powder sticks evenly to the butter then shake out any excess.
2. Put the chocolate and butter in a saucepan and heat over low heat, stirring continuously until everything has melted. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Put the sugar and eggs in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Lightly fold the chocolate mixture and flour into the egg mixture.
4. Transfer 60ml (¼c) of the chocolate batter into a separate bowl. Add the peanut butter to it and mix well. Set aside.
5. Fill the ramekins or moulds halfway with the chocolate batter. Add a spoonful of the peanut butter mixture to the middle of the chocolate batter in each ramekin or mould. Chill the puddings for at least an hour in the fridge.
6. Arrange the puddings on the baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until done around the edges and cracked on top.
7. Carefully transfer the puddings to serving plates and serve immediately.