Croissants filled with crumbed chicken and cheese
These are great for breakfast, lunch or brunch with family and friends.
- 60 g cake wheat flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 120 g fresh breadcrumbs
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 50 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 chicken breast fillets, cut in half lengthways
- Sunflower oil, for shallow-frying
- 4 croissants rocket leaves
- 50 g grated cheddar or mozzarella
- Sweet chilli sauce, for serving
Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine flour, salt and pepper on a large plate.
Lightly whisk eggs in a shallow dish.
Combine breadcrumbs, lemon rind, parmesan, salt and pepper in a separate shallow dish.
Flatten chicken breasts slightly and lightly coat in seasoned flour, shaking off excess, dip in egg, then breadcrumb mixture, pressing crumbs on gently with your fingertips to coat.
Brush a large baking tray with oil.
Arrange chicken, on tray, bake in oven for 30 minutes, flip over halfway through the cooking, bake until cooked through.
To serve; split croissants in half, sandwich with rocket, chicken and cheese.
Wrap neatly with kitchen paper and pack in a lunch box.