French beans with roasted corn and onions
Have a taste of France for dinner tonight.
- 500 ml water
- salt to taste
- 400 g green beans, trimmed
- 410 g whole kernel corn, drained
- 30 ml olive oil
- 45 g butter
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 10 ml crushed garlic
- 5 ml freshly ground black pepper
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 45 ml grated Parmesan cheese
In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil, add green beans and blanch for 3 minutes.
Remove from the water and put into an ice water bath. Drain.
Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan, add onions and sauté for about 4 to 5 minutes. Add green beans, corn and garlic.
Sauté for 4 minutes, season with salt and pepper, stir in cherry tomatoes.
Garnish with Parmesan and serve as a side dish.