Ginger beef, mushroom and kale stir-fry
Serve immediately over rice, garnished with spring onions.
- 60 ml soy sauce
- 250 ml vegetable or beef stock
- 45 ml white wine vinegar
- 30 ml cornflour (Maizenna)
- 10 ml ground ginger
- 2 ml freshly ground black pepper
- 500 g sirloin or rump steak, thinly sliced into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 30 ml sunflower oil
- 250 g portobello mushrooms, halved
- 250 g shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 3 cups finely chopped kale or spinach
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
For the marinade:
Add all marinade ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine.
Add steak and gently toss to combine.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
For the stir-fry:
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Remove steak from marinade with a slotted spoon, reserving the marinade.
Add steak to frying pan, fry for about 3 minutes until browned, stirring occasionally.
Remove steak with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add remaining tablespoon of oil to a saucepan, add mushrooms, kale and reserved marinade, stir to combine.
Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the kale is wilted, sauce has thickened and the mushrooms have cooked, stir regularly so that sauce does not burn.
Add the steak strips, toss to combine and heat through. Serve immediately over rice, garnished with spring onions.