Green salad with mustard dressing and bruschetta
This classic dressing is all you need for this simple salad of fresh leaves. It’s an ideal side dish – but served with bruschetta it makes a delicious fresh starter.
- 1 ciabatta loaf, sliced
- olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 90 ml olive oil
- 7,5 ml Dijon mustard
- 7,5 ml raw honey
- 5 ml crushed garlic
- 60 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 5 anchovy fillets, chopped
- selection of young salad leaves such as rocket, young beetroot and/or spinach leaves, young cos lett
- TO SERVE
- 1 roll cream cheese, coated in pepper and sliced 40g pine nuts, lightly toasted
Preheat the oven grill.
1. Bruschetta Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet, drizzle olive oil over and toast in the oven until golden. Rub the garlic clove on each slice.
2. Dressing Put all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Pour into a salad bowl.
3. Salad Add the leaves to the dressing and toss lightly but until well coated.
4. To serve Arrange the bruschetta on a board, pile salad on each and finish with a slice of cheese and a sprinkling of toasted pine nuts.