Start your day off right with a meal that's pack with flavourful ingredients.
- 45 ml sunflower oil
- 4 tomatoes, cut into wedges and deseeded
- 2 habanero chilies, cut into wedges and deseeded
- 1 large red onion, sliced into half rings
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 20 ml crushed garlic
- 65 ml chopped fresh coriander
- 2 large frankfurters, thickly sliced
- 125 ml chicken stock
- 250 g nacho or taco chips
- 50 g cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 4 eggs
- extra oil for frying eggs
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Heat a 30cm oven-safe frying pan and cook tomatoes, habanero chilies, onion, red pepper and garlic until tender.
Transfer mixture to a food processor, add coriander and purée until smooth.
Wipe the frying pan, add frankfurters and cook over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
Return tomato mixture to the frying pan, add chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add nacho chips and turn to coat in the sauce.
Add frankfurters to the sauce.
Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.
Fry eggs in hot oil and serve with sauce.