A scrumptious collision of vanilla and strawberry; reminiscent of a favorite ice cream flavour... It also makes excellent use of yummy Swiss roll.
- 1 store-bought jam Swiss roll
- 30 ml sherry
- 2 l Neapolitan ice cream, semi-soft
- 2 cans fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 packet raspberry jelly powder
- 1 l vanilla ice cream, semi- sof
- 250 ml thick custard
- 500 ml cream
- fresh cherries
1. Slice the Swiss roll thinly and pack on the bottom and up the sides of a 24cm silicone cake mould. Sprinkle 10ml (2t) sherry all over the cake.
2. Cut the Neapolitan ice cream into 2cm slices, with all three colours in one slice. Arrange a layer on top of the cake layer.
3. Scatter the fruit and half the jelly powder over.
4. Mix the vanilla ice cream and custard and pour half over the jelly powder.
5. Repeat all the layers, except the fruit layer. Cover with clingfilm and freeze for 6 hours or preferably overnight.
6. Whisk the cream until stiff peaks form and put into a piping bag with a star nozzle. Put the trifle on a cake stand. Pipe the cream on top, garnish with the cherries and serve.