Summer fruit with coconut ice cream
- 1 large pineapple, peeled
- 4 nectarines, halved and pitted
- 250-300 g strawberries, stems removed
- pulp of 1-2 granadillas
- juice of 1 lemon
- 30 ml honey
- ICE CREAM
- 100 g coconut shavings
- 6-8 scoops vanilla ice cream
- TO FINISH
- fresh mint sprigs
- extra granadilla pulp and toasted nuts (optional)
1. Cut the fruit to your liking and arrange on a serving platter.
2. Syrup: Mix the ingredients well and drizzle
over the fruit.
3. Ice cream: Heat a dry pan and toast the coconut – stirring with a wooden spoon to prevent burning – until fragrant and starting to discolour. Transfer to a plate and leave to cool completely.
4. Roll scoops of ice cream in the coconut and arrange on the fruit salad.
5. To finish: Garnish with a few mint sprigs and serve with extra granadilla pulp and toasted nuts (if using).