Tandoori chicken drumsticks
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- 15 ml roasted curry powder
- 15 ml curry paste
- 2,5 ml each chilli powder and turmeric
- 5 ml ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 cm fresh ginger, grated
- TO FINISH
- handful of fresh coriander, chopped
Keep a folding braai grid handy.
1. Put the chicken and onion in a non-metal marinating dish.
2. Marinade: Mix every-thing well and rub all over the chicken. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight.
3. To braai: Prepare a braai fire with enough coals to braai the chicken. Put a metal stand in the coals. Transfer the chicken to the grid and braai for 20-25 minutes or until done.
4. To finish: Season the chicken with salt and sprinkle the coriander over.