The ultimate chicken club sandwich
The ultimate chicken club sandwich is a stack of deliciousness.
- 15 ml olive oil
- 6 streaky bacon rashers
- 6 slices rye bread or seed loaf
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 65 ml tangy mayonnaise
- 30 ml finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 50 g grated cheddar cheese
- 60 ml cream cheese (flavour or your choice)
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cos lettuce
- 4 pickled gherkins, sliced lengthways
- 45 ml mayonnaise
Heat oil in a large frying pan, cook bacon for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until crisp.
Drain on paper towel.
Combine chicken, mayonnaise and parsley in a small bowl.
Preheat grill to high.
Place bread slices on a baking tray.
Grill for 2 minutes each side or until toasted.
Remove 4 bread slices from baking tray.
Place chicken mixture on the remaining 2 bread slices.
Sprinkle with grated cheese.
Grill for 1 minute or until cheese melts.
Top with lettuce, tomatoes and drizzle with mayonnaise.
Spread two bread slices with cream cheese, top with gherkins and grilled bacon, drizzle with more mayonnaise if desired and cover with bread slices.
Secure with skewers.
Wrap with tin foil or pack into lunch box.