Apple and cheese sandwiches
Mini rolls with a refreshing Granny Smith apple, celery and cheese filling. It’s the perfect filling for sneaking in some fruit and vegetables.
- For the rolls:
- 250 ml Cheddar - diced
- 125 ml celery - finely chopped
- 60 ml French style mayonnaise
- 30 ml roasted pecans - chopped
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 1 Granny smith apple - finely diced
- 1 spring onion - finely chopped
- handful small basil leaves (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 6 mini rolls
- To serve:
- 150 g grilled chicken strips
- 4 lime wedges
For the rolls, combine the cheese, celery, mayonnaise, pecans, lemon juice, apples, spring onions and basil leaves.
Cut a lid off of each roll and hollow it out slightly, leaving a thick rim all around.
Fill each roll with some of the filling and close it up with a lid.
Serve the rolls with the chicken strips and lime wedges on the side.
TIP: For fish lovers, simply leave out the chicken and stir a tin of flaked tuna into the filling.