Baked potatoes with asparagus, poached egg and tomato dressing
- 4 medium potatoes - skin on and boiled
- 60 ml tomato juice
- 40 ml white wine vinegar
- 45 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 125 g rosa tomatoes - halved
- salt and freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- 90 ml fresh basil - sliced
- 12 asparagus spears - trimmed
- 4 large eggs
Preheat the oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Slice each potato in half and put them on the prepared baking tray. Bake until the skins are crisp, for about 10 mins.
For the dressing, pour the tomato juice, 10ml (2tsp) of the vinegar, 45ml (3 tbsp) of the olive oil and tomatoes and season to taste.
Stir in the basil and set aside.
In a pot of boiling water, cook the asparagus for a few seconds and drain.
Gently poach the eggs.
To serve put the asparagus and two halves of potato onto a serving plate and top one halve with a poach egg.
Spoon the dressing around and top the other half of the potato with a fresh basil leaf.
Serve while still hot.