Chicken, spinach and mushroom jacket potato
Preparation time : 10 mins Cooking time : 40 mins Servings : 4Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- 4 medium potatoes - cooked
- 22 ml olive oil
- salt and freshly grounded black pepper - to taste
- 1 large onion - finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 250 g portabellini mushrooms - sliced
- 200 g spinach - chopped
- 2 chicken breasts - cooked and finely torn
- 45 ml fresh flat-leaf parsley - chopped
Put the potatoes on the prepared tray and brush with 5ml (1tsp) of the oil. Season and bake until the skin is crisp and the flesh is soft, about 30 mins.
Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan and over medium heat sauté the onion until soft for about 2 mins.
Stir in the garlic and mushrooms and cook for until soft and golden, for a further 5 mins.
Add the spinach, chicken, 30ml (2tbsp) of the parsley and cook until the spinach has wilted and the chicken has heated through, for about 4 mins.
Remove the potatoes from the oven, make a cross and split open slightly. Spoon the chicken mixture over the potato and serve while still hot.