Coronation chicken wraps
A tasty 'on-the-go' chicken meal to keep you going.
- FOR THE CHICKEN
- 1 Tbs oil
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 Tbs mild curry powder
- 1 Tbs tomato paste
- 2 Tbs fruit chutney
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 4 Tbs mayonnaise
- 4 Tbs plain yoghurt
- 4 Tbs fresh coriander, finely chopped
- salt and pepper - to taste
- TO ASSEMBLE THE WRAPS
- 4 whole wheat or gluten-free wraps
- 90 g baby gem lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cucumber, ribbons
- 50 g cashew nuts, toasted and chopped
- fresh coriander
Sauté onion in oil until translucent.
Add curry powder and tomato paste and cook for a minute.
Mix in chutney and water, then simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat, then mix in the shredded chicken, mayonnaise, yoghurt, coriander and season to taste.
Heat the wraps to soften, then fill with lettuce, cucumber, coronation chicken, nuts and fresh coriander.
Fold and roll to encase the filling, then slice into desired serving size.