Grilled fig and labneh 'tartines'
- 12 small figs - halved lengthways
- 2 Tbs pomegranate molasses
- 1 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs water
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 sprig of thyme leaves
- 2 bagels - halved
- 75 - 100 g labneh (store bought or homemade)
- 1 Tbs chopped pistachios or dukkah (optional)
- sprig of thyme
Preheat the oven grill and place the oven rack about 10cm below
Mix the molasses, olive oil, water, salt and thyme leaves and gently mix the figs in the marinade.
Spoon the figs cut side up into an ovenproof dish and drizzle with the rest of the marinade.
Grill for 10 mins until beginning to caramelise (keep watch that they do not burn).
While the figs are grilling spread the labneh liberally onto the bagel halves.
Let the figs cool for a few minutes and spoon on top of the labneh.
Drizzle with some of the syrup in the oven dish.
Sprinkle with pistachios or dukkah and thyme for garnish.