Sesame rice with edamame and dill
- 1 ½ cup basmati rice
- 1 Tbs butter
- flaked sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp saffron - steeped in 2 tsp boiling water
- 3 Tbs dill
- 2 cup frozen edamame beans - blanched
- ½ cup good sesame seeds - toasted
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 5 spring onions - finely sliced diagonally
- 2 Tbs coriander leaves - roughly chopped
- For the tahini dressing:
- 3 Tbs tahini
- 2 lemons - grated and juiced + zest of one
- 3 tsp olive oil
Cook the rice in plenty of boiling water, usually about 9 mins to al dente.
Drain in a colander and add butter, flaked sea salt and black pepper to taste and the saffron, stirring through gently and briefly with a wooden spoon.
Allow to cool.
For the tahini dressing, whisk the tahini, lemon juice and olive oil together in a bowl, adding a few teaspoons of water to thin out the emulsion.
When the rice has cooled, stir in the dill, edamame beans, most of the sesame seeds, sesame oil, spring onions and chopped coriander.
Heap onto a serving platter and drizzle over the tahini dressing.
Garnish with the remaining sesame seeds.
Recipe extract from Set a Table by Karen Dudley, published by Jacana Media.