Shakshuka with kale and Halloumi
- 4 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 red onion - finely chopped
- 2 x 400 g canned cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin - toasted
- 1 tsp ground coriander - toasted
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 4 jumbo free-range eggs
- 200 g Halloumi - sliced and grilled
- 6 - 8 kale leaves - stems removed
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Add the garlic and onion to olive oil in a skillet and fry for 5 mins on a low heat to soften.
Add the canned cherry tomatoes, tomato paste, cumin, coriander, paprika and seasoning, then bring to a simmer for 15 mins.
Stir in the red wine vinegar and season again to taste.
Turn the heat to low and make 4 small wells in the sauce.
Fill each well with kale and carefully break each of the eggs into the wells.
Tuck in the grilled halloumi slices.
Bake for 10 – 15 mins until the eggs are set and serve.
Reprinted with permission of Le Creuset.