Thai beef salad wraps
- 500 g beef steak (fillet or sirloin or rump)
- 30 ml olive or avocado oil
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 60 ml lime juice
- 45 ml olive oil
- 5 ml brown sugar
- 5 ml ginger - finely grated
- 1 small green chilli - seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 baby carrots - cut into thin strips
- 1 small cucumber - cut into thin strips
- 5 - 6 sugar snap peas - cut into thin strips
- 3 spring onions - sliced diagonally
- 1 red onion - thinly sliced
- small handful coriander - chopped
Preheat oven to 200 °C.
Rub the steak with the oil and season. Heat a griddle pan on high and sear the steak until
browned all over. Place on a baking tray and bake for about 15 mins (depending on
the thickness and how you prefer your steak). Allow to rest for 5 mins before slicing as
thinly as possible.
For the dressing, combine all the ingredients. Season.
Mix all the veggies together and drizzle with half of the dressing. Set aside.
Place a small stack of the veggies on each slice of steak. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
Place on a serving platter and drizzle with the remaining dressing.
This is an extract from the cookbook "As Good as Eating Out" by Your Family Magazine.